SubjectRe: Linux with kvm-intel locks up VMplayer guest is started
i`d like to give a comment about those claims in this thread (see below),  vmware kernel part would be closed source or binary module.

i think, they arenŽt. they just are not available via public/opensource code repository.

just go and download workstation 6.5 beta from:

http://download3.vmware.com/software/wkst/VMware-workstation-e.x.p-91182.i386.tar.gz
(you may need register for that)

unpack and take a look at vmware-distrib/lib/modules/source - there is source for 6 independent kernel
modules in those .tar files:

vmblock, vmci, vmmon, vmnet, vmppuser and vsock. (~3MB alltogether)

regards
roland