SubjectRe: Additional kconfig targets (cloneconfig, nonint_oldconfig etc)
> >(The other frontends are left out on purpose).
> >The challenge here is to come up with a syntax that
> >allows us to select between the three behaviours,
> >while keeping backward compatibility.
> >
> >The best suggestion I have so far is to say that:
> >a) if defconfig is specified then we use method 1)
> >b) if oldconfig is specified then we use method 2)
> >c) if newconfig is specified then we use method 3)
>
> [Where is 1) defined?]

1) automated - select defaults for all new symbols
=> It is used for "make defconfig, make *_defconfig" today

> Ok and these are doing .. what?

> ># Enviroment variables affecting kconfig
> >KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG

Specify input file in .config format to adjust a all*config run

> >KCONFIG_NOSILENTUPDATE
If set then error out if .config is modified

> >KCONFIG_CONFIG
Provide alternative name for .config

> >KCONFIG_OVERWRITECONFIG
If you set KCONFIG_OVERWRITECONFIG in environment, Kconfig will not break
symlinks when .config is a symlink to somewhere else

> >KCONFIG_NOTIMESTAMP
Do not put timestamp in .config

> >KCONFIG_AUTOCONFIG
Provide alternative name for: include/config/auto.conf

> >KCONFIG_AUTOHEADER
Provide alternative name for include/linux/autoconf.h

> Used for..?
All used to hardcode specific values in all*config builds.

> >#input files (aparts from the mandatory ones)
> >all.config
> >allno.config
> >allmod.config
> >allyes.config
> >allrandom.config

Sam

  Last update: 2008-05-02 12:59    [W:0.206 / U:0.180 seconds]