SubjectRe: Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel
On Feb 5, 2008 6:01 PM, Erez Zilber <erezz@voltaire.com> wrote:

> Using such large values for FirstBurstLength will give you poor
> performance numbers for WRITE commands (with iSER). FirstBurstLength
> means how much data should you send as unsolicited data (i.e. without
> RDMA). It means that your WRITE commands were sent without RDMA.

Sorry, but I'm afraid you got this wrong. When the iSER transport is
used instead of TCP, all data is sent via RDMA, including unsolicited
data. If you have look at the iSER implementation in the Linux kernel
(source files under drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser), you will see that
all data is transferred via RDMA and not via TCP/IP.

Bart Van Assche.

  Last update: 2008-02-06 13:19    [W:0.359 / U:1.884 seconds]