    SubjectRe: Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel
    On Jan 30, 2008 11:56 AM, FUJITA Tomonori <tomof@acm.org> wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:38:04 +0100
    > "Bart Van Assche" <bart.vanassche@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > Please specify which parameters you are referring to. As you know I
    >
    > Sorry, I can't say. I don't know much about iSER. But seems that Pete
    > and Robin can get the better I/O performance - line speed ratio with
    > STGT.

    Robin Humble was using a DDR InfiniBand network, while my tests were
    performed with an SDR InfiniBand network. Robin's results can't be
    directly compared to my results.

    Pete Wyckoff's results
    (http://www.osc.edu/~pw/papers/wyckoff-iser-snapi07-talk.pdf) are hard
    to interpret. I have asked Pete which of the numbers in his test can
    be compared with what I measured, but Pete did not reply.

    > The version of OpenIB might matters too. For example, Pete said that
    > STGT reads loses about 100 MB/s for some transfer sizes for some
    > transfer sizes due to the OpenIB version difference or other unclear
    > reasons.
    >
    > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.iscsi.tgt.devel/135

    Pete wrote about a degradation from 600 MB/s to 500 MB/s for reads
    with STGT+iSER. In my tests I measured 589 MB/s for reads (direct
    I/O), which matches with the better result obtained by Pete.

    Note: the InfiniBand kernel modules I used were those from the
    2.6.22.9 kernel, not from the OFED distribution.

    Bart.

      Last update: 2008-01-30 14:13    [W:0.046 / U:0.396 seconds]