SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] OSS Proxy using CUSE
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>> The devel version of ossp (not out yet, waiting for CUSE and mmap
>> support merge) can do all the quakes (even the dreaded quake1 which
>> even ALSA OSS emulation or native OSS can't do because of strict
>> sample/freq requirement which modern devices don't support anymore)
>
> Quake won't be a problem because its source was released.

Well, it's still nice to just download the stock demo and being able
to run it. Has q2 been open sourced too?

>> and skype-static-oss are working fine.
>
> Skype should burn in hell...

Heh... it's the only working IP phone solution over here.

>> The latency is still a tad bit
>> high due to PA interaction but everything is mostly in place. I'm
>> fairly sure UT would work too. Do you know where I can get a demo of
>> it?
>
> It has become really difficult to obtain these nowadays, but there it is:
>
> http://download.beyondunreal.com/get.php/2/official/ut/utdemo-linux-x86-348.tar.gz
>

> (BTW, Firefox3 screws up on loading
> http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/official/ut/utdemo-linux-x86-348.tar.gz
> w3m works fine and was used to obtain the nested link above.)

Thanks. Will try that.

--
tejun

  Last update: 2008-11-28 13:05    [W:0.093 / U:0.296 seconds]