SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.22-rc1
> >Seriously, it might be a tad more efficient if the help texts were
> >written by those who invented the options in the first place.
> menuconfig NETDEV_10000
> bool "Ethernet (10GbE)"
> ---help--
> Say Y here to actually be able to go into this menu
> and select some drivers that we think belong to the
> "10 Gigabit Ethernet" family.
> If unsure, it is unwise to say N!
> See, this looks so fundamentally basic to me that I find it
> almost funny. YMMV, hence I asked for suggestions from
> other people.

I remember very well the time when I first issued make menuconfig.
Ever since then I've been grateful for all those "fundamentally basic"
explanations. And I've learned quite alot about kernelconfig just
by reading them.

Technosis GmbH, Geschäftsführer: Michael Gerdau, Tobias Dittmar
Sitz Hamburg; HRB 89145 Amtsgericht Hamburg
Vote against SPAM - see
Michael Gerdau email: