SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.22-rc1
Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> Am 14.05.2007 22:33 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
>> * Disabling this menu disables all the fluff inside it,

except when it doesn't.

> Another essential piece of information. I seem to remember other
> menus which, when disabled, kept the selection status of the
> options inside and just hid them from view.

It's a matter of /dependence/ on a menuconfig option whether options
inside the menu will be disabled. Not a matter of being located in the
menu.

If menuconfig isn't used with strict discipline, we end up with
inconsistent and misleading presentation of the kernel configuration.
--
Stefan Richter