SubjectRe: should RTS init in serial core be tied to CRTSCTS
Date
On Wed 7 Mar 2007 07:46, Krzysztof Halasa pondered:
> Robin Getz <rgetz@blackfin.uclinux.org> writes:
> > It is useful on (broken) legacy serial equipment, where RTS should be
> > completely under the applications control.
> >
> > Glitches on RTS aren't acceptable, and confuse some devices.
>
> Does that mean you can't use TIOCMSET, TIOCM_RTS etc?
>
> > I understand - the request wasn't to change the default operation -
>
> just
>
> > add a
> > method of controlling things, so those minority of people who want the
> >
> > control can have it.
>
> No problem as long as open without CRTSCTS raises RTS by default.

Right - so the question is where to manage the default state? I was thinking
in the resource might be a good idea, but there isn't really a good place for
it. (You could re-use some bits if flags, but I think that would not be a
good idea).

-Robin

  Last update: 2007-03-07 16:21    [W:0.085 / U:1.468 seconds]