SubjectRe: [lm-sensors] Could the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?
Hi Matthew,

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:57:09 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> How about this? It's informational only, but ought to result in
> complaints whenever ACPI tries to touch something that other hardware
> has reserved. We can't fail these accesses, but in theory we could
> consider some sort of locking layer that made it possible to interact
> anyway. I haven't even checked if this builds, but I think the concept
> is reasonable.
I like the patch, after adding some casts to the printf args it
compiles fine. However you print warnings each time a resource has been
reserved... without checking if it hasn't been reserved by ACPI itself!
My machine looks like this:

1000-107f : 0000:00:1f.0
1000-1003 : ACPI PM1a_EVT_BLK
1004-1005 : ACPI PM1a_CNT_BLK
1008-100b : ACPI PM_TMR
1010-1015 : ACPI CPU throttle
1020-1020 : ACPI PM2_CNT_BLK
1028-102b : ACPI GPE0_BLK
102c-102f : ACPI GPE1_BLK
Given that these ports were reserved by ACPI it is perfectly legitimate
that ACPI accesses it, so we must not print a warning in this case. We
need to exclude from the test the regions those "name" starts with
"ACPI", but I'm not sure how we can do that.

Jean Delvare