    SubjectRe: [lm-sensors] Could the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?
    Hi Matthew,

    On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:57:09 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
    > How about this? It's informational only, but ought to result in
    > complaints whenever ACPI tries to touch something that other hardware
    > has reserved. We can't fail these accesses, but in theory we could
    > consider some sort of locking layer that made it possible to interact
    > anyway. I haven't even checked if this builds, but I think the concept
    > is reasonable.

    I like the patch, after adding some casts to the printf args it
    compiles fine. However you print warnings each time a resource has been
    reserved... without checking if it hasn't been reserved by ACPI itself!
    My machine looks like this:

    1000-107f : 0000:00:1f.0
    1000-1003 : ACPI PM1a_EVT_BLK
    1004-1005 : ACPI PM1a_CNT_BLK
    1008-100b : ACPI PM_TMR
    1010-1015 : ACPI CPU throttle
    1020-1020 : ACPI PM2_CNT_BLK
    1028-102b : ACPI GPE0_BLK
    102c-102f : ACPI GPE1_BLK

    Given that these ports were reserved by ACPI it is perfectly legitimate
    that ACPI accesses it, so we must not print a warning in this case. We
    need to exclude from the test the regions those "name" starts with
    "ACPI", but I'm not sure how we can do that.

    Jean Delvare

      Last update: 2007-03-02 22:47    [W:0.023 / U:13.416 seconds]