    SubjectCould the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?
    Recently my notebook has started shutting down with
    these messages in the logs:

    ACPI: Critical trip point
    Critical temperature reached (128 C), shutting down.

    But it didn't seem hot at all to me, so I wrote a script to
    cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature once a second
    and eventually caught this (but no shutdown):

    temperature: 47 C
    temperature: 47 C
    temperature: 128 C
    temperature: 48 C
    temperature: 47 C

    Google found several people reporting problems like mine
    after installing lm-sensors, and when I looked at the list
    of loaded modules I found k8temp and hwmon there. Then I
    realized my problems had started after installing a 2.6.19
    kernel that had the new k8temp driver.

    So, could ACPI and the k8temp driver be at odds?

      Last update: 2007-02-16 18:37    [W:0.018 / U:0.100 seconds]