    SubjectRe: The performance and behaviour of the anti-fragmentation related patches
    On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Mel Gorman wrote:

    > However, if that is objectionable, I'd at least like to see zone-based patches
    > go into -mm on the expectation that the memory hot-remove patches will be
    > able to use the infrastructure. It's not ideal for hugepages and it is not my
    > first preference, but it's a step in the right direction. Is this reasonable?

    I still think that the list based approach is sufficient for memory
    hotplug if one restricts the location of the unmovable MAX_ORDER chunks
    to not overlap the memory area where we would like to be able to remove
    memory. In very pressing memory situations where we have too much
    unmovable memory we could dynamically disable memory hotplug. There
    would be no need for this partitioning and additional zones.

      Last update: 2007-03-02 18:21    [W:0.019 / U:30.748 seconds]