    SubjectRe: [lm-sensors] Could the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?
    Rudolf Marek wrote:
    > Hello Chuck,
    >
    > I'm the author of K8temp. Please can you share with us your DSDT table?
    > (cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > /tmp/dsdt.bin)

    The system is Compaq Presario V2300 series notebook. I won't be able
    to get the DSDT until tomorrow or Monday.

    >> So, could ACPI and the k8temp driver be at odds?
    >
    > Yes because ACPI AML code has no synchronization with Linux drivers. Second
    > reason is that ACPI AML code assign resource regions to itself but with cleared
    > busy flag - so other drivers could bind and might possibly interfere with ACPI.

    Well I had an idea after looking at k8temp -- why not make it default to
    doing only reads from the sensor? You'd only get information from whatever
    core/sensor combination that ACPI had last used, but it would be safe.

      Last update: 2007-02-17 19:19    [W:0.042 / U:119.456 seconds]