    SubjectRe: [patch 00/46] High resolution timer / dynamic tick update

    * Daniel Walker <> wrote:

    > To lessen Andrews burden it would be wise to integrate the two trees
    > prior to anything going into -mm .. [...]

    i disagree. Thomas' tree has been tested in -rt for some time already,
    and he's the author of this code so as far as i'm concerned he calls the
    shots of what to do and in what order to do. He did the overwhelming
    majority of regression fixes of dynticks/hrt stuff both in -mm and in
    -rt. So why should i not take his queue over yours? Last i checked your
    queue didnt really do anything substantial to the code - other than
    shuffling around wast amounts of code around. Even this latest iteration
    from Thomas that is now in -rt is working well on the target platform we
    are aiming for currently (i686). (and it's working on x86_64 as well in

      Last update: 2007-01-24 08:41    [W:0.020 / U:47.952 seconds]