    SubjectRe: 2.6.17: networking bug??

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, John Heffner wrote:
    > The best thing you can do is try to find this broken box and inform its owner
    > that it needs to be fixed. (If you can find out what it is, I'd be interested
    > to know.) In the meantime, disabling window scaling will work around the
    > problem for you.

    Well, arguably, we shouldn't necessarily have defaults that use window
    scaling, or we should have ways to recognize automatically when it
    doesn't work (which may not be possible).

    It's not like there aren't broken boxes out there, and it might be better
    to make the default buffer sizes just be low enough that window scaling
    simply isn't an issue.

    I suspect that the people who really want/need window scaling know about
    it, and could be assumed to know enough to raise their limits, no?

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.019 / U:106.552 seconds]