    SubjectRe: [RFC]disable msi mode in pci_disable_device
    Rajesh Shah wrote:
    > On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 10:26:57PM +0200, Brice Goglin wrote:
    >
    >> I just tried, the patch fixes our problem (no need to restore right
    >> after saving to reenable MSI).
    >>

    > Yeah, I agree this latest patch from Shaohua is the right thing,
    > and that pci save/restore msi state functions should not have
    > the side effect of disabling/enabling MSI. Shaohua, do drivers
    > already call pci_disable_device() or will you have to patch
    > them all to get the disable effect?

    We would have to patch if we knew that disabling was required. But these
    drivers that do not call pci_disable_device (for instance tg3 and bnx2)
    were already working before pci_save_msi_state was added by Shaohua in
    2.6.17-rc:
    http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=41017f0cac925e4a6bcf3359b75e5538112d4216
    So they were working without any PCI core function disabling MSI for
    them during suspend.

    For these drivers, it might be a regression against 2.6.17-rc, but not
    against 2.6.16. I'd say it's fine.

    Brice

      Last update: 2006-05-27 10:10    [W:0.024 / U:0.316 seconds]