SubjectISA "struct device"
Hi,

I am supporting various hardsid/catweasel cards that provide _probe
calls. These _probe calls are called with struct pci_device and
friends that contain various information about bus, slot, id,
resources, etc.

I see that isa pnp does something similar and all this information is
appears via /sys presumably for utitilies to pick up and do nice
things with.

Am wondering what happens with non pnp isa (unfortunately nolonger
have an ISA machine to experiment with). Currently in the driver I
just use request_region with a few known addresses, with a challange
respone mechanism to see if it is the right thing. How does one go
about getting that into a nice, sensibly filled out "struct device"
object and register it with /sys, for it to do the right thing.
Are there any existing examples to follow?

Regards,
Simon