    Subject[JNI FCE-3210-C 32-bit PCI-to-Fibre Channel HBA]Driver for linux kernel 2.4 and/or 2.6?
    Hi Linux Folk,
    I looking for linux driver for one old JNI Fibre Channel (FC) host bus adapter
    model: FCE-3210 "32-bit" PCI-to-Fibre Channel HBA (1999/2000).
    I ask google and nothing about driver donload link, just comment and
    broken links:)
    http://www.exquip.com/products/storage/hostbusadapters.php?view=250

    I read that Red Hat Linux 6.0, 6.1 support JNI FCE-3210, but no
    information about kernels 2.4 and 2.6?!

    From manifacturer docs "Installation Guide for FCE-3210":

    >Linux Drivers
    >Follow the instructions appropriate for your system: single or dual processor.
    >Single Processor Systems
    >1. Install Linux and shutdown the system.
    >2. Add the JNI HBAs and boot the system.
    >3. Download the Linux driver jnifc.o file from the JNI Web site (www.jni.com).
    >4. Copy the jnifc.o to any Linux directory.
    >5. Run insmod jnifc.o then check the messages file /var/log/messages
    for map drive
    >information.
    >Note – You must have a good link to storage or a loopback before
    running the insmod >command;
    >otherwise, the machine will hang.
    >6. To mount the device, invoke a mount command.
    >7. Before removing the JNI Linux driver, use a umount command to
    un-mount the device.
    >8. Type the command cat /proc/modules to show all loaded driver
    modules, and run rmmod
    >jnifc to remove the Linux driver.
    >Dual Processor Systems
    >1. Install Linux and shut down the system.
    >2. Add the JNI HBAs and boot the system.
    >3. Download the Linux driver jnifc_smp.o file from the JNI Web site
    (www.jni.com).
    >4. Copy the jnifc_smp.o to any Linux directory.
    >5. Run insmod jnifc_smp.o then check the messages file
    /var/log/messages for map drive
    >information.
    >Note – You must have a good link to storage or a loopback before
    running the insmod >command;
    >otherwise, the machine will hang.
    >6. To mount the device, invoke a mount command.
    >7. Before removing the JNI Linux driver, use a umount command to
    un-mount the device
    >8. Type the command cat /proc/modules to show all loaded driver
    modules, and run rmmod
    >jnifc_smp to remove the Linux driver.
    >For more information
    >See the readme file on the JNI Web site (www.jni.com) for the latest
    information on driver
    >configuration.

    I ask JNI tech support, but they don't support Linux with this
    FCE-3210 HBA yet. Support is for Solaris, AIX,HP-UX,Windows, but not
    Linux!

    Follk, if You can't help with driver for FCE-3210 kernel 2.4 and/or
    2.6 nobody can!

    Any help will be very welcome!

    George

      Last update: 2006-02-24 11:00    [W:0.025 / U:89.804 seconds]