SubjectBUG: spinlock lockup - during shutdown - umount && pdflush implicated.
I just got a few "BUG: spinlock lockup" messages while trying to
reboot my box (shutdown -r now).

Unfortunately all I had available to capture the situation was a
crappy camera phone, so all I have are some bad quality jpeg images.
I've put the images up here:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/juhl/images/screenshot0.jpg
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/juhl/images/screenshot1.jpg
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/juhl/images/screenshot2.jpg

The kernel I was running was one generated during a "git bisect"
session, but unfortunately I no longer know exactely where in the
session it was from. All I know is that it is somewhere between 2.6.18
and 2.6.19-rc1.

It happened shortly after I did a alt+sysrq+t (which I did since I was
wondering why it was taking ages to unmount my local filesystems) -
these BUG messages showed up roughly 4 or 5 seconds after that.

I've tried to reproduce it, but without luck.

I'm just hoping that someone can spot something obvious from the
messages. I don't have a clue on this one.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>