SubjectRe: CD writing in future Linux try #2 [ was: Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) ]
Joerg Schilling wrote:
> There is no such bug in libscg.
>
> There is nothing that has been freezed.
>
> If you have the apropriate privs to send SCSI commands to any SCSI device
> on the system, you will not come across your problem.
>
> Now let us try to talk about real problems or stop this discussion.

It appears that you are wanting to blame all of these problems on Linux
and refuse to accept the possibility that cdrecord/libscg is doing
things incorrectly from a Linux perspective. If you want to "talk about
real problems" you must accept this possibility.

Why should I have to give privileges to send SCSI commands to any device
in the system just to write CDs? The answer, it would appear, is that
cdrecord is messing with things (i.e. /dev/sg interface) it has no
business messing with in current Linux systems, since that interface
should not be necessary for the purpose of cdrecord.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada