SubjectRe: Linux Kernel Hang or stop after uncompressing MPC8245
Hello,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 06:10:13PM +0200, mustang4@free.fr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to boot my linux kernel (with 2.4 or 2.6 it's the same problem) on an
> embeded board (EM04N MenMicro) base on a MPC8245 cpu...
>
> When i boot i 've;
>
> > Detected PPCBOOT header
> > Verifying image CRC...ok
> > Uncompressing Multi-File Image ... ok
> > Moving initrd...ok
> > Passing Kernel parameters: root=ramfs console=ttyS0,9600
> > Starting Linux Kernel.
> >
> and stop here... i must hard reset the board...
>
> Anyone boot a linux kernel on this board ?
> I heard about UART serial port problem with MPC8245 cpu, but i don't find a
> working solution for patching kernel or setting up correctly...

Although I don't know this board, here are a few questions :
- are you sure that you enabled the correct serial driver and that it is
linked to the zImage and not build as a module ?
- are you sure that you enabled "console on serial port" in the config ?
- how can you be certain that the serial will appear on ttyS0 and not ttyS1
or another one (the kernel might detect another serial port which it
assigns ttyS0)
- is it possible that you have trouble with the endianness of the image ?
example: little endian image loaded on big endian CPU ?

Regards,
Willy

> Anyone can help me ?
>
> I use :
> ELDK kit cross compilation for PPC8245
> uBoot
> and official last kernel source...
>
> Thanks
> -

  Last update: 2005-08-15 18:20    [W:0.040 / U:0.236 seconds]