    SubjectRE: Unable to mount the SD card formatted using the DIGITAL CAMREA on Linux box
    Dear all,

    Below are my driver messages logged at initialization time & sfdisk call
    time.

    when module is initialized................

    TIFM INFO | TI init Routine Invoked!
    ReportMediaModel: ( SD card Details)
    Size = 14 [MB]
    mwCylinders = 450
    mwHeadCount = 2
    mwSectorsPerTrack = 32

    When the ioctl is invoked through the "sfdisk -lV /dev/tfa0"

    TIFM INFO | <tifm_ioctl> invoked!
    TIFM INFO | dev no. [ 0 ] sock no. [ 0 ]
    TIFM INFO | <GetGeometry_ioctl> geo.cylinders = 450
    TIFM INFO | <GetGeometry_ioctl> geo.heads = 2
    TIFM INFO | <GetGeometry_ioctl> geo.sectors = 32
    TIFM INFO | <GetGeometry_ioctl> geo.start = 0

    This means that I am giving the proper details to the user program but
    the sfdisk is printing it wrong (probably manipulation).

    And when I try to mount ......

    mount /dev/tfa0 /mnt
    FAT: bogus number of reserved sectors
    Mount: you must specify the filesystem type

    mount -tvfat /dev/tfa0 /mnt
    FAT: bogus number of reserved sectors
    Mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bas superblock on /dev/tfa0,
    or too many mounted file systems

    I have gone through the mount.c code in order to understand where I am
    exactly failing.
    mount is failing in guess_fstype_and_mount() in do_mount_syscall after
    issuing the mount sys call.
    I am attaching the source code of mount functionality which may be on
    some help to u in u8ndertaing why exactly its failing.

    Regards,
    Mukund Jampala

    This
    >>> makes this clean that my driver is supporting the partition devices
    >>> (windows formatted SD). If both are partitioned where is the
    difference?

    >>> So, can someone please help me telling what else could be missing
    that
    >>> is creating this problem?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Mukund Jampala

    It
    >>> if

    >>> in
    >>>

    >> Cheers,
    >> Dick Johnson
    >> Penguin : Linux version 2.6.12 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
    >> Warning : 98.36% of all statistics are fiction.
    >> .
    >> I apologize for the following. I tried to kill it with the above dot
    :

    >> The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may
    be
    >privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of
    >this information by persons or entities other than the intended
    recipient
    >is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
    >Analogic Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by
    >sending an email to DeliveryErrors@analogic.com - and destroy all
    copies of
    >this information, including any attachments, without reading or
    disclosing
    >them.
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >> -
    >> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
    linux-kernel"
    >in
    >> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
    >>

    >Cheers,
    >Dick Johnson
    >Penguin : Linux version 2.6.12 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
    >Warning : 98.36% of all statistics are fiction.
    >.
    >I apologize for the following. I tried to kill it with the above dot :

    >The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may be
    >privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of
    >this information by persons or entities other than the intended
    recipient
    >is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
    >Analogic Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by
    >sending an email to DeliveryErrors@analogic.com - and destroy all
    copies of
    >this information, including any attachments, without reading or
    disclosing
    >them.
    >

    >Thank you.
    [unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

      Last update: 2005-08-01 13:39    [W:0.047 / U:30.888 seconds]