SubjectRe: Synaptics and TrackPoint problems in 2.6.12
On Tuesday 19 July 2005 22:40, Stephen Evanchik wrote:
> Dimitry,
> I have been receiving a lot of complaints that TrackPoints on
> Synaptics pass-thru ports stopped working with 2.6.12. I retested
> 2.6.9 and 2.6.11-rc3 successfully, I believe may also work
> but that is unconfirmed at this point.
> The behavior is always the same .. after sending the read secondary ID
> command, the TrackPoint seems to be disabled from that point forward.
> Any ideas?

Not really... You know, I am reviewing the 2.6.12 patch and don't really
see anything that might have caused the problem you are describing. I know
that not all devices on pass-through ports are broken since I have one
(not TrackPoint, just a simple eraser head pointer) and I make sure it
works ;)

When you are talking about reading secondary ID, are you talking about
TP_READ_ID or something else?

Are you experiencing the breakage yourself? It might be interesting to
see the log with i8042 debugging turned on.