SubjectI have one doubt about detail of page reclaim.
Hi, everyone on LKML.

This is my fourth or fifth send mail to this list. Of course, almost
all mail are submit question.
and lucky, can get answers soon. thank that every man that reply my
question.

I understand some kernel skills while I resolved one question. this
process is so fun.

OK, the question at this time:

I am reading code of function balabce_pgdat(pg_data_t *pgdat, int
nr_pages, int order).

As the comment said, the argument 'nr_free' is how many pages to
free when software suspending .
In that function, define a int variable 'to_free' first, and it is
assigned to value of 'nr_pages'.
but I found both two variables (to_free and nr_pages) didn't change in
this function at all, then,
Why define variable to_free? And, in middle of this function, there have
one if condtion statement
as follow:

if (nr_pages && to_free > total_reclaimed)
continue; /* swsusp: need to do more work */

It's look like to guaruatee release enough pages to satisfy reqire
of software suspend. but as
my view, 'nr_pages' and 'to_free' must have same value in this function.

Do here have secret too?

Waiting for magical answer.

liyu/NOW~

  Last update: 2005-07-11 14:31    [W:0.450 / U:0.304 seconds]