SubjectRe: sis5513.c patch
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> [ Andrew, please remove this patch from -mm queue. ]
>
> On 6/8/05, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Hi again,

> Second look into sis5513.c and another problem turns out - patch breaks
> support for IDE controllers integrated into 961 and 961B South Bridges
> (ATA_133 is used instead of ATA_100 and ATA133a).
>
> For unknown Host Bridges driver checks for presence of 961/961B/962/963
> South Bridges by checking true device ID (please see sis5513.c for details)
> and assigns 'chipset_family' accordingly (ATA_100/ATA_133a or ATA_133).
>
> You have 965L South Bridge so probably it has newer true device ID
> and may also require different programming sequence.

Ah, you see this is what happens when I enter the scary world of driver
patching, I'll will stick to patching/developing apps in future I think ;)

>>Could you please send full lspci -vvv output?
>

> and lspci -xxx
>
> Bartlomiej

I'm just installing another one of those boards now ready to go into our
racks later today, I'll give you the output from that shortly.
--
Andrew Hutchings (A-Wing)
Linux Guru - Netserve Consultants Ltd. - http://www.domaincity.co.uk/