SubjectRe: reiser4 plugins
Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I'm a bit confused about what you're saying here. What does the 'vector'
> in all these expressions mean?
>
> In OO terminology our *_operation structures are interfaces. Each particular
> instance of such a struct that is filled with function pointers is a class.
> Each instance of an inode/file/dentry/superblock/... that uses these operation
> vectors is an object.
>
> What I propose (or rather demand ;-)) is that you don't duplicate this
> infrastructure, and add another dispath layer below these objects but instead
> re-use it for what it is done and only handle things specific to reiser4
> in your own code.

Just out of curiosity, could you please specify few exact examples with
specific file/function names which duplicate the existing
infrastructure. What do they duplicate and why? How should these
functions be implemented on VFS? Ho should the the other FSes
implement/ignore them? Why are you shure they will fit VFS well? etc.

Thanks.

--
Best regards, Artem B. Bityuckiy
Oktet Labs (St. Petersburg), Software Engineer.