    SubjectRe: 2.6.12 udev hangs at boot
    Thanks for pointing this out.

    I also have a Slackware 10 machine here on which I was trying to get
    2.6.12 working. I was noticing odd things changing when I switched
    between the default (2.4.26) kernel and 2.6.12. 'less' wouldn't work,
    my /dev/sd* devices weren't there so I couldn't mount my external hard
    disk or cdrom drive, and there was that hang at boot time.

    I've since downloaded a new udev and installed it and all above
    problems are resolved. I did have to do a 'pkgremove udev", though, to
    get the /dev/ devices back. (Except that I did it through pkgtool so
    'udev' might not be the right name to give to pkgremove.)

    I had even checked the Documentation/Changes file to see if Slackware
    10 came with some outdated package, and udev wasn't mentioned. I'm not
    sure where else I should have looked for information like that,

    Anyway, just a heads-up to anyone else experiencing a breaking of
    'less' and missing /dev files.

      Last update: 2005-06-19 17:08    [W:0.019 / U:55.404 seconds]