SubjectRe: 2.6.12 udev hangs at boot
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Greg KH wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:04:10PM +0300, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> >
> > Greg, any plans to distribute udev and hotplug within kernel tarballs
> > so that people do not need to track such changes continuously?
>
> Nope. But if you use udev, you should read the announcements for new
> releases, as I did say this was required for 2.6.12, and gave everyone a
> number of weeks notice :)

Shouldn't this be listed in Changes? It looks like Changes only mentions
the existance of udev, but doesn't specify a required version, despite
there being a version requirement. (Not that I really think too many
people would think to look, but it would at least have a chance of
reaching people who look carefully at kernels but don't read the mailing
list)

-Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*

  Last update: 2005-06-20 23:52    [W:0.116 / U:0.168 seconds]