SubjectTrying to coordinate moving subprojects to git
Hi Linus, Andrew & Len,

Here's a slightly modified repost of my earlier message
that got eaten by the mailing list filter :)

I'm trying to summarize some earlier dicussions on how to
coordinate moving BK projects over to git. This is probably
of interest to many other subprojects as well.

My main problem is where to host git trees for subprojects.

Here's how I see the move to git happening for various
subprojects:

- Somebody is rumored to offer a git project site soonish.[1]
When that is available, subprojects can configure git
trees there.

- Meanwhile, there should also be a BK repo for the latest
kernel changes available soon.[2] Once that is available,
it can be used for updating various trees.

Now I wonder if anybody has more news on the following:

- Who is working on setting a site available for git
projects, and when is that site estimated to be available?

- Is anybody working on mirroring git changes in a BK tree?

I'm afraid I can't be much of help here setting up these sites
with my 128Kbps upstream speed...

Regards,

Tony

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/4/23/27
[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/4/26/32

  Last update: 2005-05-02 18:44    [W:1.499 / U:0.344 seconds]