    SubjectRe: ioctl to keyboard device file
    Hi,

    > >> Thanks for the solution. I did the above task, by defining a new
    > >> character device driver and sending ioctl to it. and calling
    > >> handle_scancode from it. Now I want
    > >> to do the same task with in the keyboard driver. For that I need to send
    > >> ioctl to keyboard device file.
    > >> For that only I asked the
    > >> above doubts.
    > >
    > > what your are trying to do looks wrong to me. Why don't you use uinput.
    > > It is there and it is the correct thing for the job.
    > >

    > Can u pl. tell what uinput will do,
    > Can u have any idea about the way That I want it to do.

    with uinput you can write your own input driver (keyboards, mice etc.)
    in the userspace. So you create a keyboard device driven by uinput and
    feed your key strokes from the other machine to it.

    Regards

    Marcel

      Last update: 2005-05-12 12:06    [W:0.025 / U:4.824 seconds]