SubjectRe: ioctl to keyboard device file
n Wed, 11 May 2005, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi,
>> I want to add a new ioctl to keyboard driver device file which will
>> perform the work of copying user space data sent to it into kernel
>> space and send those characters to handle_scancode function of keyboard
>> driver.. Now I want to know
>> 1) what is the device file corresponding to keyboard (is it
>> /dev/input/keyboard).
>> 2) where file operations structure is defined for that.
>> 3) where the those ioctls handled(not found in keyboard.c).
>> Any small help is appreciated.
> why not using uinput for this job?

Thanks for the solution. I did the above task, by defining a new
character device driver and sending ioctl to it. and calling
handle_scancode from it. Now I want
to do the same task with in the keyboard driver. For that I need to send
ioctl to keyboard device file.
For that only I asked the
above doubts.

  Last update: 2005-05-11 19:41    [W:0.049 / U:24.928 seconds]