    SubjectRe: ioctl to keyboard device file
    n Wed, 11 May 2005, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
    > Hi,
    >> I want to add a new ioctl to keyboard driver device file which will
    >> perform the work of copying user space data sent to it into kernel
    >> space and send those characters to handle_scancode function of keyboard
    >> driver.. Now I want to know
    >> 1) what is the device file corresponding to keyboard (is it
    >> /dev/input/keyboard).
    >> 2) where file operations structure is defined for that.
    >> 3) where the those ioctls handled(not found in keyboard.c).
    >> Any small help is appreciated.
    > why not using uinput for this job?

    Thanks for the solution. I did the above task, by defining a new
    character device driver and sending ioctl to it. and calling
    handle_scancode from it. Now I want
    to do the same task with in the keyboard driver. For that I need to send
    ioctl to keyboard device file.
    For that only I asked the
    above doubts.

      Last update: 2005-05-11 19:41    [W:0.021 / U:7.888 seconds]