SubjectRe: Logitech MX1000 Horizontal Scrolling
On mar, 2005-04-05 at 16:56 +0200, Esben Stien wrote:
> Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:
>
> > can't find a single problem with the device.
>
> I should mention a couple of things after some testing: There are some
> inconsistencies with regard to cruise control.
>
> When I press TOP CLICK BACKWARD/TOP CLICK FORWARD to cruise control
> down/up, it waits about 100ms before it starts cruising. This means
> that pressing a single click does not move me anywhere. I have to hold
> the key down and wait until it starts cruising.

This is probabbly because you're using the referenced xbindkeys trick to
delete the button11/12 event. Unfortunately, binding 11/12 while cruise
control is enabled also obscures the first scroll event.

The horrible-ugly-very-nasty-workaround is to bind that event to a
command that re-simulates the up/down click. I've attached a piece of C
code that'll do that. ('./click 4' will simulate button 4 going up and
down.)

> > # "cruise control" disabled:
> > "~/click/click 4"
> > m:0x10 + b:11
> > "~/click/click 5"
> > m:0x10 + b:12

I'm sort of guessing at the xbindkeys setting for this. Myself, i've
performed this bind event in my openbox configuration.

This still doesn't catch the button 11/12 mouse-up event, although that
doesn't seem to bother many applications

[unhandled content-type:application/x-compressed-tar][unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]

  Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.110 / U:0.404 seconds]