    SubjectRe: Logitech MX1000 Horizontal Scrolling
    Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:

    > can't find a single problem with the device.

    I should mention a couple of things after some testing: There are some
    inconsistencies with regard to cruise control.

    When I press TOP CLICK BACKWARD/TOP CLICK FORWARD to cruise control
    down/up, it waits about 100ms before it starts cruising. This means
    that pressing a single click does not move me anywhere. I have to hold
    the key down and wait until it starts cruising.

    When I press HORIZONTAL LEFT/HORIZONTAL RIGHT to cruise control
    left/right, it starts immediately going one step in the direction,
    then waits about 100ms before it starts cruising left/right
    again. This means that a single click takes me one click in the
    horizontal direction.

    The proper way of working in both horizontal and vertical direction
    should be to start immediately going one of the directions. Also, a
    single click should take me a single click in the respective
    direction.

    I still believe this is a kernel issue and the device should be
    presented to userspace as a working device.

    I'm using linux-2.6.12-rc1-RT-V0.7.41-15 with evdev and
    xorg-6.8.1. (As a side note, remember to not enable radeon dri with
    linux-2.6.12-rc1 as xorg will freeze)

    I'll summarize my new setup:

    I've turned off cruise control:

    logitech_applet --disable-cc

    This is my ~/.xbindkeysrc file: (yup, the whole one). Executing
    xbindkeys with the -v switch yields useful debug info.

    # "cruise control" disabled:
    "true"
    m:0x10 + b:11
    "true"
    m:0x10 + b:12

    The ~/.Xmodmap file:

    pointer = 1 2 3 8 9 10 11 12 6 7 4 5\n

    In firefox:

    mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action = 0
    mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.sysnumlines = true

    Here's xorg: (I'll also setup the usb settings from Jeremy Nickurak,
    but they are not important here and now).

    Section "InputDevice" # Logitech MX1000
    Identifier "Mouse0"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "evdev"
    Option "Dev Name" "Logitech USB Receiver" # cat /proc/bus/input/devices
    Option "Dev Phys" "usb-0000:00:04.2-1/input0" # cat /proc/bus/input/devices
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0" # (/dev/input/mice also appears to work)
    Option "Buttons" "12"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "11 12 10 9"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
    Option "Resolution" "800"
    Option "SampleRate" "800"
    EndSection

    I'll do a mapping of how the keys correspond to key numbers in another
    followup as I'm about to leave.

    --
    Esben Stien is b0ef@esben-stien.name
    http://www.