SubjectRe: SATA/ATAPI
Date
On Friday 22 April 2005 01:51, Brian Jackson wrote:
> > One of my linux boxes has a Plextor DVD-RW drive with a SATA interface.
> > The kernel sees this drive (ata3) but apparently doesn't tie it to a sdx
> > device. The box also have a SATA harddisk, which is working just fine.
> > The relevant dmesg output is pasted below.
> Just to check, you do have scsi cdrom support enabled right?

Yes. cdrom and sr_mod are both loaded as modules. I'm assuming having compiled
them as modules doesn't change anything. I'm probably going to try messing
with the SCSI cdrom driver, just to see if I can figure out what's going on.

--
Regards,
Tais M. Hansen

"If people had understood how patents would be granted when most of today's
ideas were invented and had taken out patents, the industry would be at a
complete standstill today." -Bill Gates (1991)

  Last update: 2005-04-22 10:54    [W:0.079 / U:0.396 seconds]