SubjectBug with multiple help messages, the last one is shown
Date
I've verified multiple times that if we have a situation like this

bool A
depends on TRUE
help
Bla bla1

and

bool A
depends on FALSE
help
Bla bla2

even if the first option is the displayed one, the help text used is the one
for the second option (the absence of "prompt" is not relevant here)!

From a very short reading of sources, I guess that the problem is probably
located in this line (from scripts/kconfig/zconf.y):

help: help_start T_HELPTEXT
{
current_entry->sym->help = $2;
};

because the various current_entry values (matching the various definitions)
share the same symbol (since of the sym_lookup call below)

config_entry_start: T_CONFIG T_WORD T_EOL
{
struct symbol *sym = sym_lookup($2, 0);
sym->flags |= SYMBOL_OPTIONAL;
menu_add_entry(sym);
printd(DEBUG_PARSE, "%s:%d:config %s\n", zconf_curname(),
zconf_lineno(), $2);
};

Now, Kconfig handles well the same situation when there are multiple different
prompts, instead of multiple help texts.

This because the "prompt" is added as a property with its own dependency; why
is not this done for "help", too?
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Linux registered user n. 292729