SubjectRe: [RFC] Linux Kernel Subversion Howto
On Feb 11, 2005, lm@bitmover.com (Larry McVoy) wrote:

> You are also right that figuring out the merges is a pain. So what?
> We never said that we'd figure out how to do all this well and then
> teach you how to do it well.

We're not asking for you to teach us how to do it. We're just asking
you to let us know the information that is (presumably) stored in the
repository. Now if you tell me the information isn't stored there at
all, you just throw it away at check in time and then figures it all
out again on the fly upon request, fine, I'll believe you. I just
wouldn't have thought that's the way it works.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/