SubjectRe: Suspend to {mem,disk} broken in 2.6.15-rc6/rc7 on my T42
On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 13:55 +0100, Jules Villard wrote:

> The sad thing is that it looks like the crash occurs *before* entering
> the radeon_do_init_cp function, assuming it should enter it again when
> I switch back from a tty to X (I've put some printk's at the
> beginning of the function but didn't see them in dmesg although other
> things showed up), so I don't know where to put the printk's in order
> to get other figures...

I think the problem is actually a bug in the X server that we are
triggering indirectly. It's very difficult to fix things properly
because of various bugs that depends on each other side effects in X and
the DRM. I may have to back it all off for now and add some version test
to both DRM and X so that they only try to "do the right thing" once
they detect that the other hand has been fixed too...

Let's see if the latest patch I posted that fixes things for you also
helps others though.

Ben.

  Last update: 2005-12-28 00:29    [W:0.046 / U:3.952 seconds]