SubjectRe: Suspend to {mem,disk} broken in 2.6.15-rc6/rc7 on my T42

> > Also, does it work if you don't use radeonfb ? radeonfb shouldn't touch
> > MC_AGP_LOCATION and the DRM change only affects that, so I'm a bit
> > surprised.
> >
> > Ben.
> >

> Do you still want me to try that now that reverting the two patches
> made the job?

Definitely, and we need to figure out why the patch cause a regression.
Those patches fixes a serious issues with a number of machines.

The problem is very nasty as all the various parties involved (radeonfb,
X radeon driver, radeon DRM, etc...) all try to reconfigure the card
memory map in differently bogus ways...

Can you add printk's to the kernel to check the values in
CONFIG_MEMSIZE, CONFIG_APER_SIZE, priv->fb_location and the values
calculated for gart_vm_start ? Then tell me what that printk gets on X
start and when switching consoles.

Thanks,
Ben.

  Last update: 2005-12-27 02:42    [W:0.091 / U:1.628 seconds]