    From: Jan Kara
    Subject: Re: Consistent kernel hang during heavy TCP connection handling
    load

    Hello,

    > Thanks for responding. When I got no responses, I searched for ways
    I don't have personaly much experience with debugging by above tools
    so I won't be of much help. As you describe the problem below I
    personaly think that you won't get much from them if the system is as
    unresponsive as you write.

    > (3) Enabled sysrq on both kernels, including echo "1" > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
    >
    > I'll wait for the next hang now, trying it on both kernels. By the
    > way, the system is hung VERY badly--doesn't respond to anything, no
    > switching consoles, no keyboard events, no disk activity. Dunno about
    > network, since I haven't put a sniffer on it yet.
    Hmm.. that looks bad. Do you debug things under console and not
    in X? If that is the case either there is some hardware problem (you
    likely generate quite high load on the machine) or some driver is stuck
    with interrupts disabled. In case debugging tools don't help you can try
    to compile kernel with minimal config (just disable everything not
    needed to run the test). Also reproducing on a different machine would
    be useful to rule out hardware...

    Honza

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.029 / U:0.196 seconds]