    SubjectRe: [patch] kernel sysfs events layer
    On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:35:26PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
    > Hm, this is an issue that I and the FreeBSD author of jail were talking
    > about a week or so ago when I was describing why we did udev in
    > userspace and the hotplug stuff. He pointed out the namespace issue as
    > the biggest problem for FreeBSD to be able to do the same kind of thing
    > that we are doing.
    >
    > But I agree, I don't think it's a big deal right now either.

    The "big deal" is that namespaces are not *ever* considered when things
    like this go on.

    We keep adding things that don't think namepsaces are a big deal, and
    we're painting ourselves into a corner where NONE of the advanced
    functionality will work in the face of namespaces.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.019 / U:31.024 seconds]