SubjectRe: [Linux-cluster] Re: [cgl_discussion] Re: [dcl_discussion] Clustersummit materials
On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 02:57, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2004-08-11T11:46:03,
> Steven Dake <sdake@mvista.com> said:
>
> > If we can't live with the cluster services in userland (although I'm
> > still not convinced), then atleast the group messaging protocol in the
> > kernel could be based upon 20 years of research in group messaging and
> > work properly under _all_ fault scenarios.
>
> Right. Another important alternative maybe the Transis group
> communication suite, which has been released as GPL/LGPL now.
>
> This all just highlights that we need to think about communication some
> more before we can tackle it sensibly, but of course I'll be glad if
> someone proves me wrong and Just Does It ;-)

agreed... Transis in kernel would be a fine alternative to openais gmi
in kernel.

Speaking of transis, is the code posted anywhere? I'd like to have a
look.

Thanks
-steve

> Sincerely,
> Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.053 / U:0.184 seconds]