SubjectRe: Turning off TCP Delayed acks
Mr. Giese,

Thank you for your response.

As you wrote TCP_NODELAY is used to turn off Nagle. As per theory this
algo will be running at the sender side and delay acks at the reciever
side. If I turn off Nagel at sender side, wont this lead to the silly
window syndrome ??

Also is it true that Nagles algo and hence delay acks come into play only
if the packet size is small ??

Thanks,
Rahul.

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Thomas Giese wrote:

> Nagle is automatically turned off on a per socket basis if you set the
> TCP_NODELAY
> socket option on the socket. Turning nagle off globally is a bit drastic in
> most cases.
>
> Thomas Giese

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.017 / U:0.352 seconds]