SubjectRE: module name is KBUILD_MODNAME
Here is the makefile I am using to create the .ko
object. Please notice that I compile my objects
by myself in a different makefile and only then
use the kbuild infrastructure. If kbuild is
adding the name as part of the module object
and not the header object then that might be
the problem. However, it is difficult for me
to use the kbuild infrastructure for the whole
build as it contains many files in different
directories.

makefile:

ifeq ($(KERNELRELEASE),)

PWD := /home/idan/my_module
KDIR := /usr/src/linux-$(shell uname -r)/

default:
$(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modules

else

obj-m := my_module.o
my_module-objs := my_module_main.o

$(PWD)/my_module_main.o: