SubjectGPL question
Hopefully this is not going to start a huge thread war on open source
philosophy and such, but the company I work for has some proprietary code built
as a 2.4 linux kernel module for a product they sell. They are concerned about
releasing the source code. I noticed that what this code does and how it does
it seems pretty clean (at least GPL-wise), but it does modify sys_call_table to
add a system call which is then used to call the module from userland. Can
they avoid releasing this code or is this crossing into a gray area? I used to
think I more or less understood the basics of the GPL, but after talking to
their lawyers I am totally confused. Thanks.

=====
Jarrett L. Redd (K9HMV)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.061 / U:0.156 seconds]