From: linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org
[mailto:linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Felipe Alfaro
Solana
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 2:27 PM
To: Justin Piszcz
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ACPI vs. APM - Which is better for desktop and why?

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 13:10 -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> I have enabled ACPI on my Dell GX1 (Pentium 3/500MHZ) machine and
disabled
> APM, however, what are the benefits of using ACPI over APM?

Well, I can't tell for sure... ACPI is supposed to offer better power
management and battery usage for laptops, while being more flexible than
APM.

The truth is that on my laptop, both work equally well but since ACPI is
still less mature than APM, I chose to use ACPI in order to test it and
helping in its future development.

> I am using Kernel 2.6.7
>
> I see ACPI eats up an IRQ and does not share it:

I wouldn't mind about IRQ's...

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
in

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.029 / U:0.700 seconds]