    From: linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org
    [mailto:linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Felipe Alfaro
    Solana
    Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 2:27 PM
    To: Justin Piszcz
    Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
    Subject: Re: ACPI vs. APM - Which is better for desktop and why?

    On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 13:10 -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
    > I have enabled ACPI on my Dell GX1 (Pentium 3/500MHZ) machine and
    disabled
    > APM, however, what are the benefits of using ACPI over APM?

    Well, I can't tell for sure... ACPI is supposed to offer better power
    management and battery usage for laptops, while being more flexible than
    APM.

    The truth is that on my laptop, both work equally well but since ACPI is
    still less mature than APM, I chose to use ACPI in order to test it and
    helping in its future development.

    > I am using Kernel 2.6.7
    >
    > I see ACPI eats up an IRQ and does not share it:

    I wouldn't mind about IRQ's...

    -
    To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
    in

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.022 / U:0.656 seconds]