SubjectPCI bandwidth measurement methods
Hello,

I have a question about methods of measuring PCI-X bandwidth.
I was wondering if anybody has any ideas.
What I am looking for is an "industry standard" method, if one exists.
At this point, such software does not exist in SPEC.
Different HBA cards such as Myricom and Mellanox (Myrinet and Infiniband
hosts) have utilitites to test your PCI bandwidth..
But what do you do when they come up with completely different numbers?

What I need is an unbiased, objective PCI-X bandwidth test.
It's all about performance in Linux actually... So I can't say "completely
objective"..

I can write software that will do this, possibly by performing PCI
writes to scratch memory area on several different HBAs..
Or maybe adding a counter into the Linux PCI device driver to verify the
bandwidth claims that Mellanox and Myricom's tools report.
But before I re-invent the wheel, I was wondering if anybody knew of anything that is already out there.
If I were to write something, a whole software validation process would
have to be performed on top of the actual work.
If anybody knows of something that already exists and has been in use, it would be ideal.

Thanks!

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.032 / U:0.040 seconds]