SubjectRe: peculiar problem with 2.6, 8139too + ACPI
On 20 May 2004 21:16:32 -0400
Len Brown <len.brown@intel.com> wrote:

> Please verify that the problem goes away when you exclude the
> acpi/processor module (CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR) from the system.
>
> With the recent spate of C3 issues, we should make an easier way to
> disable C3 until it is fixed...

Sorry for the delay, but I could not do further tests before now. I have
now at least managed to get 2.6.6 to boot on the box (although it breaks
the synaptics mouse pad driver, but that's a different matter; this too
seems to be ACPI-related, though). The boot problem was the new cpufreq
detection mode producing a seg'fault during boot (and guess what: ACPI
again).

So far I can confirm the following: 1) the problem still exists in 2.6.6
and 2) the problem can be switched on and off be (un)loading the
'processor' module. Test environment is still Debian-unstable, this time
with 2.6.6 vanilla kernel in Debian distro config (a.k.a. pretty bloated
but most things as modules).

I do not expect different results when disabling processor support
during kernel compile. Of course I can try this, if wanted. Any patch
suggestions to try out so far?

Regards,
Robert

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.387 / U:0.036 seconds]