SubjectRe: How can I optimize a process on a NUMA architecture(x86-64 specifically)?
"Martin J. Bligh" <> writes:

> For any given situation, you can come up with a scheduler mod that improves
> things. The problem is making something generic that works well in most
> cases.

The point behind numa api/numactl is that if the defaults
don't work well enough you can tune it by hand to be better.

There are some setups which can be significantly improved with some
hand tuning, although in many cases the default behaviour is good enough