    Subject2.6.5-mm3, cdrom gotcha
    Greetings all;

    I just rebooted to 2.6.5-mm3 while a cd with the Planet CCRMA image on
    it was in the writer. It took the boot about 5 seconds to get past
    the IDE1 piece of the scan, and it squawked about the drive having
    'incompatible media'. I have a line in my rc.local that uses hdparm
    to turn the dma back on after the kernel decides to turn it off, and
    that also spit out a media error although an hdparm -d indicates dma
    is on. dma works just fine with that drive.

    After bootup, I tried to mount the disk, but again got the media error
    and fail message. Removing the disk and rebooting again, and its all
    working again.

    Is this a bug? Seems like it to me. Its not something I've noted
    before, but then the drive is usually empty, so this is a new error
    to me and I cannot say when it started happening.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.22% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly attornies please note, additions to this message
    by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.021 / U:4.588 seconds]