SubjectRe: standart events for hotkeys?
Date
Michal Semler (volny.cz) wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a question related to keyboard and hotkeys.
>
> Does any standart exist for hotkeys and their returned events?
> I have 2 keyboards with hotkeys, one on laptop (acerhk operated) and one
> wireless (BlueZ bthid operated) and both returns different codes in xev when
> same keys are pressed
>
> mail
> browser
> etc.
>
> Maybe these should be standardised in all drivers? Can we start same kind of
> list, where will be all events stored and then translated by all drivers the
> same?
>
> Now users can't use one hotkeys configuration on different keyboards so these
> could be renamed to hellkeys :)
>
> Your opinions?

X already has codes for many of the hotkeys defined in. They have
names like XF86AudioMute etc. The inet rules define the proper
scancode -> keycode assignment for X for many keyboards modules.

Yes, I think it would be an interesting idea to have some kind of
standardization of this for the Linux kernel as well, but before
thinking about this (or at the same time) it would be nice if we
could fix the bug in the atkbd driver that makes some of the hotkeys
that use extended keycodes inaccessible or "shifty".

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Can't you see
It all makes perfect sense
Expressed in dollar and cents
Pounds shillings and pence
(Roger Waters)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.066 / U:0.408 seconds]