SubjectRe: standart events for hotkeys?
Michal Semler wrote:

> and this is what I mean. We should start project collecting this. As PCI cards
> list for example.

There are as many e-mail keys codes as there are e-mail programs. And
I'm sure there is over lap, where one keyboard's e-mail key, generates
the same code as another's web browser key. Also it doesn't really
matter what a key is labeled, it could be assigned to anything.

What there should be is a program that is configurable, that says when
you see this key event, do this. And such programs do exist, for
example the GNOME desktop has ACME.

All that has to be done is make sure the kernel passes this codes, and
the user space program can gather them. That seems to be working now.

--
Chris